We have already started preparations for the upcoming 2012 edition of JDD. This year it will be held on 25-26th of October in Galaxy Hotel, Krakow.
In the meantime we have published the videos from the main track of the previous edition in the Materials section!
We still have place in the finals of Javamasters Challenge! Try your luck – click: here – you can win iPad2!
Javamasters Challenge finals will be held on Tuesday, during the second day of the conference (November 22) at 12:00 in the sponsorship zone (will be marked in conference agenda), you will find there computers with which the finalists will perform a specially prepared test.
Waiting for your registrations till Tuesday, till 8am
JDD11 soon, that’s why we’re giving you a Guide for attendees, where you can find the most important information concerning the conference.
We also would like to invite you all to take part in our contests:
- Javamasters Challenge – you can win iPad2!
- JDD Team Competition – a challenge for teams – you can win free JDD12 entries and cameras.
Following workshops are also available:
- Krzysztof Jelski, Marcin Zajączkowski: TDD Coding Dojo
- Joseph W. Yoder – Big Ball of Mud: Is This The Best That Agile Can Do?
- Bartłomiej Kołakowski – The requirements of modern forms – problems of all of us
If you want to register, click here.
We are waiting for you registrations!
See you on Monday!
We would like to invite you to take part in our last-minute contest, which we are organizing together with our sponsor – J-labs. You have a chance to win free JDD11 entry! What should you do? Go to: http://www.j-labs.pl/jdd and answer three questions concerning programming in Java. Every 16th person who’ll do that – wins! Remember – contest lasts only till 14 October 2011!
118-20 October 2011 is a date of the second edition of Warsaw Startup Weekend.
Warsaw Startup Weekend is the 54-hour event where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come togerher to create Internet Startups. On Friday night everyone can present their ideas and build a team, which will be working on it. 20 teams will be selected basing on voting. These 20 startups will be then developed during the weekend. From Saturday all teams will be supported by a group of mentors. If you’re a creative person and you’re thinking about starting your own business, you should take part in Warsaw Startup Weekend: www.warsaw.startupweekend.org
It’s time to fight, fight for supremacy! During this edition of JDD we will start a special tournament, in which we will choose the best developer! Glory, fame, and a 16GB iPad 2 awaits for the winner! details can found on tournament subpage.
A special disuccion panel will be held during the JDD conference. Our invited guests: Jacek Laskowski, Grzesiek Duda, Andrzej Grzesik, Anna Kołodziejczyk and Andrzej Targosz will be talking about the history of conferences and community evolution in Poland. They will talk on how did it come that first events were organized, how the new ideas were growing and what is the future of Java meeting in our country.
We will answer the questions on why is it so important to organize technical conferences, what happened that without a backup of one strong company, we have noticed a dynamic growth in the java community and why multiple events on those topics make sense. Together we will think on how to increase the number of foreign attendees on following conferences and what differs our events on the Europen map.
Direct link to a Google Moderator, where you can submit questions and talk suggestions for the panel is here.
We encourage you to visit www.11.jdd.org.pl/en/program/schedule subpage where we have published the schedule of the conference!
During the first day of the conference we will feature three tracks, while on the second day there will be one main track and 3 workshop sessions.
Below you can find a list of speakers:
- Paweł Brodziński – Scrum, Kanban i inne opowieści
- Piotr Bucki – Bezpieczeństwo frameworków WEBowych Java na przykładzie ataku CSRF
- Andrzej Grzesik – GIT, HBase
- Krzysztof Jelski – warsztat TDD Coding Dojo
- Bartłomiej Kołakowski – Wymagania nowoczesnych formularzy – problemy każdego z nas.
- Monika Konieczny – Jak stworzyć zespół szczęśliwych Super(Dev)Bohaterów i każdego dnia wywoływać uśmiech na twarzy Product Ownera? + warsztat
- Piotr Konieczny – Bezpieczeństwo frameworków WEBowych Java na przykładzie ataku CSRF
- Tomasz Kowalczewski – Java gets a closure
- Marcin Maciejewski – Stories? Does it fit to my organization? Usage of storytelling in Agile teams
- Konrad Malawski – GIT
- Bartosz Majsak – Functional tests on steroids
- Kirk Pepperdine – Are your Garbage Collection Logs Speaking to You?
- Dominik Radziszowski – From hard-coded to customized – Must haves of any flexible application
- Andrew Rubinger – JBoss Application Server 7
- Ken Sipe – So you want to be an architect? Enter the Gradle
- Sławomir Sobótka – Domain Driven Design – sposób na modelowanie złożonych dziedzin biznesowych (+ warsztat)
- Venkat Subramaniam – Effective Java, Tackling Multicore Complexity on the JVM, warsztat Thinking and programming in Functional Style
- Tomasz Skutnik – Gdzie jest moja tabela? Czyli jak sobie radzić w Javie i SQL gdy zmienia się schemat bazy danych.
- Joseph W. Yoder – Big Ball of Mud: Is This The Best That Agile Can Do? Warsztat Rulemakers and Toolmakers: Adaptive Object-Models as an Agile Division of Labor
- Patrycja Węgrzynowicz – Performance Anti-Patterns in Hibernate
- Erik Jan de Wit – Scrum the next waterfall
- Greg Young – TBA, warsztat Code Testing
- Marcin Zajączkowski – warsztat TDD Coding Dojo
We have extended the duration of time when second conference fee applies until 22nd of October.
Additionally we invite you to join the “From Developers’ Diary” mini-contest where apart from normal prizes, each contestant receives a 20% discount code for conference registration.
Venkat Subramaniam will be a speaker at the conference! We are slowly closing the Call for Papers so soon we will publish next speakers.
We encourage you to take part in twonew contests:
- „From Developers Diary”, where your task is to tell a short, surprising and funny story from your work. Details at contest webpage.
- JDD Team Competition. A team contest, where participants will have to develop an application in a very short time period and then present the results to the audience. Details at contest webpage.